It hurts to lose someone.
Find help at GriefShare.
GriefShare is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. You don’t have to go through the grieving process alone.
How GriefShare works
GriefShare seminars and support groups are led by people who understand what you are going through and want to help. You’ll gain access to valuable GriefShare resources to help you recover from your loss and look forward to rebuilding your life.
There are thousands of GriefShare grief recovery support groups meeting throughout the US, Canada, and in over 10 other countries. There is also a group meeting near you at Hixson First Baptist Church!
What to Expect at a GriefShare group meeting?
• Expect to be greeted by a loving, caring, and compassionate GriefShare Ministry Team.
• Video seminar with experts – Each week your GriefShare group will watch a video seminar featuring top experts on grief and recovery subjects. These videos feature expert interviews,
real-life case studies, dramatic reenactments, and on-location video.
• Support group discussion with focus – After viewing the video, you and the other group members will spend time as a support group, discussing what was presented in that week’s video seminar and what is going on in your lives.
• Personal study and reflection – During the week you will have the opportunity to use your workbook for further personal study of the grieving process and to help sort out your emotions through journaling. Your group will spend time discussing questions and comments from the workbook study.
• GriefShare groups meet weekly for 13 weeks.
How to Participate in our GriefShare group
- Date & Time: Our GriefShare group meets each Tuesday beginning January 30 – April 24, 2018, 6-8 pm.
- Information Call: 423-877-2467
- The fee is $20.00 (per person)
- To register and pay the fee online Click HERE. (You will still need to complete a Participant Information Form at the first group session.)
- To download a Participant Information Form, Click HERE
- Participant Information Forms are also available in the church office.
- Downloaded Participant Information Forms should be completed and mailed with the payment of $20.00 made out to Hixson First Baptist Church. In the MEMO line on your check please write GriefShare, OR you may bring it to the church office. The Church address is 5800 Grubb Road, Hixson, Tennessee 37343