Welcome! We want to give you all of the information needed to make your first visit the best. We have tried to think through the questions that first time guests might have before coming to visit with us and hopefully, we have been able to answer them. If you should have an additional question for us, please feel free to contact us and we will respond as quickly as possible.
Come join us at HFBC and see for yourself why many consider us The Friendliest Church in Hixson. We can hardly wait to meet you!
Thanks for stopping by and we hope to see you soon!
1. What should I wear?
We have a relaxed casual atmosphere at HFBC. Some wear dress clothes, but most dress casual. So, come comfortable and just as you are.
2. Who is the Pastor?
Dr. Steven E. Granger, Senior Pastor. Steve joined the staff at HFBC January 31, 2016. He and his wife Cindy are from Chattanooga
3. How do I get to HFBC? For directions click here
4. When do you connect with other people?
Sunday School: 9:30 am
Morning Worship: 10:45 am
Evening Service 5:30 pm
– Adults meet in the Memorial Building
– Youth “Slam Night” meets in the Christian Life Center
– Children “Serving Our Savior” meets in the Children’s Building
AWANA: 6:15 – 7:30 pm / Opening Assembly in the Memorial Building
Encounter (Youth Group): 6:00-7:30 pm / Meets in the CLC
Prayer & Bible Study for Adults 6:30 – 7:30 pm / Meets in the Old Sanctuary
5. What About the Kids?
We provide programs for your children during regularly-scheduled church services, and as support for other ministries of the church.
The Preschool Ministry is for children from birth through age 5.
The Children’s Ministry is for Grades 1 to 5.
These ministries are in separate areas. Ask any member of our Connections Team as you enter the building, and they will be happy to escort you to the proper place.
6. What do you believe?
Find out what we believe by clicking here. This needs to be linked to the What We Believe page
7. How do I become a member of HFBC?
Each person desiring membership in HFBC must first have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. If you are not a follower of Christ, we would be delighted to share with you how to begin following Him.
There are 3 ways you can become a member of HFBC:
- By Baptism – After you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, you can be follow in the footsteps of Christ through baptism as a testimony of your salvation.
- By Statement – By statement of your faith that you have received Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord of your life and have been baptized by immersion in a church of similar faith and practice.
- By Letter – By transferring your membership from another church of like faith through a letter of recommendation from that church.
Those seeking membership in HFBC must have a conversation with our Pastor, or another appointed staff member, before you publicly request church membership. Please contact our Pastor by calling the church office at (423) 877-2467, or by e-mail at email@example.com. Each person who becomes a member of HFBC is expected to complete our new member’s class, Hixson First Family 101. The course may be completed before, or soon after joining the church.
We hope this information is helpful to you as you prepare to be our guest soon. We are looking forward to meeting you!