Hixson First Baptist Church began with 9 charter members in March, 1923 in a small, white clapboard building at the corner of Grubb and Lower Mill Roads.
In 1971, we opened our Child Development Center to further minister to working parents by providing their children with affordable care in a Christ-centered, loving environment.
Today, God has continued to be faithful in blessing the growth of our church and facilities as we continue our long history of preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ and ministering to our community on this very same corner.
Hixson First Baptist Church is part of the Southern Baptist Convention and its state convention and local association. We praise God for His faithfulness and His work, and our prayer is that God’s love and glory will be evident in everything we do.